Crawford Leishman Dental
Dental Bonding in Vineyard, UT
During a dental bonding treatment, our dentists can reduce the appearance of minor imperfections such as chips and cracks.
Create a Beautiful Smile with Dental Bonding in Vineyard, UT
If you feel self-conscious about minor imperfections such as gaps, cracks, and dental discoloration, Dr. Crawford and Dr. Leishman can perform dental bonding to improve the appearance of your smile. During this cosmetic dentistry treatment, we can apply a tooth-colored resin to the front of your teeth to conceal dental flaws and improve the structure of your teeth. Patients who are hesitant about undergoing more extensive treatments like porcelain veneers often choose bonding as a quick and more affordable alternative. At Crawford Leishman Dental in Vineyard, UT, we can help to transform your smile in dental bonding in a comfortable, friendly, and warm environment.
Patients who are hesitant about undergoing more extensive treatments like porcelain veneers often choose bonding as a quick and more affordable alternative.
During a dental bonding procedure, your dentist will apply a composite resin to the front of your tooth surface. This material is a compound mixture of plastic and glass that can be tinted to blend seamlessly with your smile. Dental bonding helps to conceal minor cosmetic flaws and restore the structural integrity of a tooth that has been damaged by chips or cracks.
You may be a candidate for this cosmetic procedure if you have good oral health but are frustrated with the appearance of your smile due to:
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Dental staining or discoloration
- Gapped teeth
- Amalgam silver fillings
- Gum recession
- Misshapen teeth
During your initial consultation, your dentist will use advanced technology to perform a detailed examination of your smile. Once candidacy has been determined, our team will create a customized treatment plan to address your cosmetic goals.
Dental Bonding Process
For your convenience, this cosmetic procedure can be completed in just one office visit. However, the length of the procedure will depend upon how many teeth are being treated. During treatment, you can expect:
- Preparation: Our team will remove any decay and thoroughly clean the tooth in preparation for bonding. Your dentist will then gently etch your tooth before applying a mild solution to its surface. Once the solution dries, your dentist will shade-match the resin so that it blends with the natural color of your tooth.
- Application of the Material: Your dentist will then apply the bonding material to your tooth. Both of our dentists have an artistic eye for detail when molding the resin to help patients achieve optimal results.
- Hardening the Material: We will use a special curing light to harden the material and create a secure bond.
- Trimming and Polishing: Finally, your dentist will trim any excess resin, check your bite for proper alignment and occlusion, and polish your teeth to reveal a beautiful, enhanced smile.
Throughout your treatment, our experienced team is available to answer any questions and address concerns.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
If teeth are properly cared for, dental bonding can last up to ten years. To help extend the longevity of your treatment, you should follow a healthy oral hygiene regimen and avoid biting your nails and eating hard or sticky foods. Patients who choose dental bonding are able to enjoy:
- Immediate, natural-looking results
- Improved dental function
- A brighter, healthier smile
- Improved symmetry
- Enhanced self-confidence
It is important to schedule routine checkups every six months, so your dentist can monitor your oral health and check the integrity of your new dental bond.
Dental bonding is an excellent way to quickly transform your smile. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of dental bonding in Vineyard, UT, contact our office online or by calling (801) 225-5888 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Crawford or Dr. Leishman.