Crawford Leishman Dental
Fluoride is a powerful tool for preventing tooth decay and maintaining good oral health. Fluoride treatments are quick and painless and can provide a range of benefits for patients of all ages. Have you been looking for a qualified dentist who can help you or your child with fluoride treatments to strengthen your teeth? At Crawford Leishman Dental in Vineyard, Utah, we offer fluoride treatments for our patients to help support and protect their teeth.
What is Fluoride Treatment?
Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that can strengthen tooth enamel and help prevent tooth decay. Fluoride treatment is a process that involves applying fluoride directly to the teeth. Dr. Chris Crawford, Dr. Rick Leishman, Dr. Matt Fletcher, or Dr. Cameron Birrell will administer a form of gel, foam, or varnish during the fluoride treatment
Services offered in
Who Needs Fluoride Treatment?
Fluoride treatment is recommended for patients of all ages but is especially important for children still developing their teeth. According to the American Dental Association, fluoride can reduce the risk of cavities by up to 40% in children. Adults at high risk for tooth decay may also benefit from fluoride treatment, which can help prevent further deterioration and protect the teeth.
The Fluoride Treatment Procedure Process
The process of getting a fluoride treatment is quick and painless. The procedure of fluoride treatment typically involves the following steps:
- Teeth Cleaning: Your dentist will clean the teeth to remove plaque or tartar.
- Treatment: A high-concentration fluoride gel or varnish is applied to the teeth. The fluoride is left on the teeth for a specified time, usually around a few minutes.
- After Treatment: The patient is instructed not to eat or drink for at least 30 minutes to allow the fluoride to penetrate the tooth enamel fully.
- Repeat: Depending on your needs, Dr. Chris Crawford, Dr. Rick Leishman, Dr. Matt Fletcher, or Dr. Cameron Birrell may recommend fluoride treatment every 3, 6, or 12 months.
Fluoride Treatment Aftercare
After getting a fluoride treatment, it’s important to continue practicing good oral hygiene habits, including:
- Brush twice daily and floss at least once daily.
- Visit our office for regular checkups and cleanings.
- It’s also essential to avoid eating or drinking anything for at least 30 minutes after the treatment to allow the fluoride to absorb into the teeth thoroughly.
- We strongly encourage patients to avoid using their teeth as tools and eating anything hard or sticky, as this can damage your teeth.
Benefits of Fluoride Treatment
- Prevention of Tooth Decay: Fluoride proves highly effective in preventing tooth decay by making teeth more resistant to acid attacks from plaque bacteria and sugars in the mouth. It works to remineralize tooth structures damaged by acid.
- Promotion of Tooth Development: For children under six, fluoride becomes incorporated into the development of permanent teeth, making it difficult for acids to demineralize the teeth.
- Protection Against Cavities: Fluoride provides a protective barrier for your teeth, helping to fight off cavities.
- Cost-Effective Dental Treatment: By preventing tooth decay, fluoride treatments can save money in the long run by reducing the need for fillings and other dental treatments associated with cavities.
- Reversal of Early Tooth Decay: In the early stages of tooth decay, fluoride treatment can help to repair teeth before a cavity forms, reversing the effects of enamel erosion.
Fluoride treatment is an integral part of dental health care. It’s not just for children; adults can also benefit from these treatments. Regular fluoride application can help to maintain oral health, boost the strength of teeth, and ultimately prevent dental complications.
Fluoride Treatment in Vineyard, UT
Fluoride treatment is an effective and affordable way to maintain oral health and prevent tooth decay. This quick and painless procedure can benefit patients of all ages and is especially important for children still developing their teeth. If you want to get a fluoride treatment or learn more about how fluoride can benefit your oral health, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today!